Welcome to my "Downloads" Page. Currently, my CV, some blog articles and a link to Baldur's Gate down loads.
- "My CV" - 25th Dec 2009
- An innovative and creative IT Consultant and Leader! - .pdf
My Opensource Contributions
It's taken a while but I have uploaded some snipsnap management scripts.
- Snipsnap Management Scripts - 6th Sep 2010
- run, backup, tidy space, sysv init,
Over the summer of 2009, I started to think about Digital Britain and the Diital Economy Bill. later Act. I submitted evidence to the Government's consultation on 3 strikes. I wrote a number of letters, posted to flickr and after the election in the Autumn of 2010, I wrote a presentation for Brockley Labour party which I delivered and then amended.
- My response to the Department of Business Innovation and Science's CONSULTATION ON LEGISLATION TO ADDRESS ILLICIT PEER-to-PEER (P2P) FILE SHARING - V4 Sep 2010
- my evidence to the BIS consultation .pdf
- The Abstract - The Digital Britain report and the GOVERNMENT STATEMENT ON THE PROPOSED P2P FILE-SHARING LEGISLATION both seem start from the premise that file sharing is illegal and that rights owners have the right to maximise revenue on their rights at the expense of the economic interests of the ISPs and the human rights of the UK citizens. From a public policy point of view these assumptions are undesirable. The rights trading model of the modern media corporation is not in the public interest, is monopolistic and Welfare Economics shows it leads to sub-optimal allocation of time and resources in the macro economy. (Labour & Capital.) Copyright law grants right holders excessive rights which they abuse by licensing content on 'use case' basis. Copyright law should be liberalised to permit broader interpretations of Fair Use and the right to create derived works. The proposed measures place a cost burden on the internet providers and users but also will cause behavioural changes on the internet providers inhibiting, or at least changing internet innovation and the industry's competitive dynamic. These proposed laws may well compromise some basic human rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the European Human Rights Charter, conformity with the later being part of UK law. The contribution concludes by specifically answering ten of the twenty questions posed in the consultation document, focusing on the rights of the accused, the moral hazard of extending right holders rights and opposing the right of rights holders to use agents in the pursuit of alleged non licensed file sharers.
- The Digital Economy Bill - V1 Oct 2010
- A presentation prepared for Brockely Ward Labour Party .pdf , So What? - Parliament - Digital Britain Report - Important - 3 Strikes - Copyright - Hunting Baddies - Parliament again - What next? - Bad Law? - Civil Liberties - Some Music Industry economics
I'm blogging on http://blogs.sun.com/DaveLevy. Some of the articles are a bit long and so I have re-produced .pdf versions here.
- The Shape of the Internet - 24th Jan 2007
- Making Sybase Scream - 02nd Nov 2005
- Consolidating Sybase - 04th April 2005
- "Consolidation & Sybase" - 25thNovember 2004
- "The importance of a Cost Meta Model" - 22ndOctober 2004
- "More about Managing the PS Firm" - 17thAugust 2004
- "Where Real & Virtual Worlds collide" - 4thAugust 2004
- "Managing the PS Firm" - 29thJuly 2004
- Plazer 2 Setup - Download
- Why can't I find this on Google? 11 Oct 2009