Some of what I write deserves to be remembered for longer than the seven days I allow for comments. This page lists some of those articles, lists the site feeds, hosts, points at three code projects, and points at some mirrors I created. There is a child page, I/O, which hosts and displays feeds for what I have read and most of what I write. (No ello or linkedin yet.)
- Conflicting Data Requirements: Privacy vs. Transparency
- Policy for Labour on the digital economy
- In April, I made three proposals to act as the centre of public policy. April 2014
- Supporting the EDRI Charter of Digital Rights
- For the 2014 European Parliamentary elections, the EDRI proposed a Digital Rights voting exchange, I campaigned for candidates to sign up to it, this article is describes why. April 2014
- Remediating the internet’s outstanding SPOFs
- in which I and Mike Masnick look at the internet’s outstanding choke points. April 2014
- Who watches the Watchmen?
- My take on Parliament’s response to the Snowden leaks. Nov 2013.
- in which I catchup with the Snowden leaks looking at the economic and political fall out. Sep 2013
- If Only
- prompted by the play, I rant about triangulation, careerism and the loss of belief and passion in politics. July 2013
- Scalable Computing
- Why now? An article for the the internet Knowledge Transfer Network. Here…. Jan 2010.
- Evidence to the Government consultation on filesharing
- I submitted evidence to the consultation on the proposed laws on file sharing. It deals with the economics and civil liberty dimensions. Nov 2009
- Free the right price for software
- briefly examines the impact of Welfare Economics and alternative business models on the transfer price for software. Aug 2009.
- Are blogs losing their influence
- prompted by the question, I look at a proposed architecture of publication, distribution, aggregation & consumption, which still stands. I also argued that good writing will prevail. Aug 2009.
- The shape of the internet inside & outside the corporate firewall
- on some IBM research on the (non-)ubiquity of the power of in-list search and the power curve. Why google may not be the best answer inside the firewall. Jan 2007.
- More about managing the Professional Services firm
- Services and products need to be aligned to the technology adoption cycle, a review of Geoffery Moore’s article “Just Shoot Me”, published 2004.
- Managing the Professional Services firm
- A review of Maister’s book, recognising the customer’s value requirements of expertise, experience or efficiency. July 2004.
- davelevy.info is implemented in wordpress and so the usual URL rules apply, but at the time of the site launch the blog feed was empty.
- the blog feed, http://blog.davelevy.info/feed/,
- or a page with links to categories and tags, http://blog.davelevy.info/this-blog/
- my micro blog, http://ello.davelevy.info/feed/
- I started this at ello, and transferred to wordpress
- My feedly feeds [OPML]
- My bookmarks, stories, disqus(ions), blog, wiki and pictures
- Pump I/O service script – 7th April 2015
- Macports Management Script – 2014
- selfupdate, update, uninstall inactive and clean – .html …
- Snipsnap Management Scripts – 6th Sep 2010
- Planet Management Scripts – 10thAug 2013
- run, clone, log, tidy – .tgz
I have copied some material to my site and offer them as mirrors for the original, sometimes because I knew it was going, sometimes because I though it deserved saving, or because I expect the material to loose its permalink.
- The Rules of UK Labour Party – posted Sept 2014, updated Dec 2016/March 2017
- The Wisdom of Cows
- the world through the ownership or control of two cows – .htm … View here…
- Snipsnap – posted Summer 2010
- it was missing for a couple of months, I created a mirror – .htm … View here…
- My blog at Sun – posted Autumn 2009, updated Dec 2016
- Report of the Digital Champion
- Report on Digital Inclusion, I think I found this hard to find and hope that this mirror will help. (It really needs a landing page, possibly on the wiki.) – .pdf … View Here…
- Citymax.org – posted Summer 2016
- ex-colleagues created this page to commemorate the company, which existed from 1986 to 1997. For more see here….